HomeCare: Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of services do you provide?
ElderServe HomeCare provides personal care, home management respite and specialized services to seniors and individuals with disabilities throughout Jefferson County.
How do I know my loved one needs in-home care services?
If you have noticed poor personal hygiene, neglected household chores, forgetfulness or depression, then you should consider home care services. One of our case managers will be happy to provide a free assessment and advice on possible services needed.
How quickly can service begin?
In urgent cases we can start service quickly. However, advanced notice helps us find the best possible HomeCare Specialist to meet your loved one’s personalized needs.
What if my family member needs the service but refuses?
Seniors are often apprehensive about having in-home services. We take great care in selecting a HomeCare Specialist that has experience providing the type of care that your family member needs. We have found that after several visits our clients become more comfortable with having in-home services.
Will we always have the same HomeCare Specialist?
The relationship between client and HomeCare Specialist is one of the most important factors in the success of providing the best in-home care service. We try to stay consistent. Sometimes, to keep the same caregiver, we must schedule services on a different day. Occasionally we must send a qualified substitute caregiver.
What if we are not satisfied with the assigned HomeCare Specialist?
Client satisfaction is the most important goal at ElderServe HomeCare. If you are not satisfied, we will work to find a HomeCare Specialist that you will be pleased to have providing the care for your loved one.
Are your HomeCare Specialists insured and bonded?
Yes. For the safety of our clients we also complete national criminal background checks and drug screenings. Our employees are also covered under worker’s compensation insurance. We want to make certain all our clients are protected.
What if I need to add, reduce or cancel the service?
Contact the case manager whenever it is necessary to make any changes in the service.
Will Medicare or insurance cover the costs of in home services?
Medicare does not cover the type of hourly service that ElderServe HomeCare provides. We are happy to provide documentation to long-term care insurance companies that could help you obtain the best coverage available.
Who do I pay and how is billing done?
Each month you will receive a statement that contains invoices for each week of service for that billing month. The invoices will list each day’s service and how many hours of service were provided. Payment should be made directly to ElderServe HomeCare and not sent through your HomeCare Specialist. We accept checks as well as credit card payments.
Why should I choose ElderServe HomeCare over another provider of in-home services?
- ElderServe HomeCare has been improving the lives of aging adults in Louisville since 1986.
- We are the ideal choice for older adults or persons with disability limitations who want to continue living in their home, but may need some assistance with everyday activities.
- We understand the difficulties family members and friends may have when making choices for the care of their loved one. We are here to help you.
- We realize home is where the heart is.
- We provide a free assessment to determine the services needed to remain home, whether it is 24-hours a day or a few hours per week, developing a personalized and individual plan of care.
- ElderServe HomeCare is an organization that is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.
- We know peace of mind is priceless.
- ElderServe’s home care staff receives comprehensive training courses that include special training to help better support clients with Alzheimer’s and Dementia, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, and Stroke Survival.
- Our clients are respected and treated with dignity and compassion.
- Our administrative staff has decades of combined experience in caring for the seniors of our community and in managing a professional, efficient home care service.
We measure success differently from other providers. As a mission-driven non-profit organization, we see excellence in service as our bottom line.
For more information, please contact Ronnie Gilbert of call 502.583.8012 for a free assessment.