It can often be a very difficult situation for families once they decide care is needed for their loved one. There can be a lot of questions and concerns that arise when searching through the options. Sometimes facility-care is the best choice for them. However, non-medical Home Care can be a great option for someone who wants to enjoy the comforts of home while receiving help with personal care, light housekeeping, and transportation. Below are five reasons why Home Care could be the right choice for you and your loved one.
- Home Care provides freedom. Those who choose to remain in their home generally have more independence than someone receiving care in a facility. Not only are they able to remain in their home for a longer period, but they continue to be a part of their community as well.
- Home Care gives peace of mind to the family. Often, a family member becomes the primary caregiver for someone who needs 24/7 care and supervision. Hired caregivers can provide respite to a primary family-caregiver, which allows them to go to work, run errands, etc. and know that their family member is being taken care of at home.
- Home Care is comfortable. Studies show that almost everyone would choose to stay in their own home for as long as possible. Remaining at home provides a sense of familiarity and can be extremely beneficial during the healing process.
- Home Care is customized. One of the best reasons to choose in-home-care is because the client’s care plan is completely individualized. Each person has their own needs, living situations, and family dynamics. Because of this, Home Care agencies avoid the “cookie cutter” approach and aim to provide care according to each client’s specific needs.
- Home Care is more affordable. Generally, Home Care agencies offer an hourly rate while facilities have a monthly charge. Since in-home-care is completely individualized, the person only pays for the care they need, instead of paying a flat fee. This often proves to be less expensive.
Searching for a Home Care agency can often be a difficult process with the variety of services offered and fees involved. Consult a local agency like ElderServe at 502.583.8012, which can offer free assistance in searching for care for your loved one.