ElderClub provides a safe, comfortable and friendly environment for older adults who need supervision during the day. This Adult Day Care program provides a structured program of social, recreational and health-related activities coordinated by a team of caring professionals.
ElderClub provides care to those who:
- Have one or more physical and/or mental health concerns
- Need medication management and medical monitoring
- Feel unsafe or uncomfortable being alone at home
- Are socially isolated and would thrive on an active social life and the pursuit of new interest
- Are limited in the ability to function independently in the community
ElderClub provides the family and/or caregiver with:
- Peace of mind knowing their loved one is spending the day in a safe, comfortable and socially engaging environment
- The ability to remain employed outside the home
- Confidence that their loved one is receiving necessary medical monitoring and medication supervision
- The opportunity for respite from full-time caregiving.
A nurse is always available to respond to emergency issues and to provide for the medical needs of participants, including dispensing medications, diabetic monitoring, insulin injections, blood pressure checks and assessments.
Our outstanding staff plans enjoyable activities throughout the day that are designed around our participants’ interests and abilities. We encourage socialization and design experiences to stimulate thinking and problem solving. We encourage participants to try new activities and continue some of their favorites.
ElderClub is located at the Oak and Acorn Intergenerational Center at 631 South 28th Street. Hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
To learn more about ElderClub, call Deborah Phillips at (502) 776-3066.