2015 was a year to remember for ElderServe! With the generous support from the community, we were able to make an impact in the lives of older adults in Louisville. With your support, we:
- Placed 14,542 calls to socially isolated adults
- Supported 1,059 older victims of crime
- Provided information, advocacy, and counseling to 367 seniors
- Matched 32 older adults with volunteers to build lifelong friendships
- Matched 62 senior companions, who contributed over 60,000 hours of service to 137 vulnerable elders in the community
ElderServe was chosen as a recipient in the Encore program sponsored by Leadership Louisville. The team provided expert advice and guidance on ways to improve marketing for the agency. In addition, we received a grant from TARC to purchase a new van for our senior center. This will allow more seniors access to the center as well as provide them with opportunities to take trips and experience their community. Another highlight we are very proud of was being awarded the Torch Award for ethics in the large non-profit category from the Better Business Bureau. This honor reinforces our commitment to serving the community while conducting business practices in an ethical manner.
I am so proud of our staff and volunteers that make ElderServe such an important community resource. As we enter 2016, I am excited about the opportunity to touch many more lives of older adults in our community! As we combine services with GuardiaCare, we will have the resources to empower our seniors with a stronger network of services.
Thank you! Your continued support can make 2016 an even better year!